with reluctance and love i am weaning my baby this week. at almost fourteen months she's gotten her full and fair share of my milk, and i have been gradually working her down to one nursing each day - the one before bed. however, to my dismay, the latest round of antibiotics has given her-and thus me- thrush again, so i decided that instead of fighting that battle one more time i would just, ahem, finish up.
she could care less. she is just as happy with a bottle or a cup as with me these days. and while i said to anyone who would listen that i really don't mind, i've been nursing a long time (three and half years of my life, total, to be exact), and these last few nights have been hard. on me, that is. plus wrapped in there is the knowledge that this really is the last baby for me.
at least i still have the consolation of her adorable pudgy legs, and that fat baby belly bulging over her diaper when she's half-naked.
long live your babyhood, my love. :)
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Aww. :) Weaning can be bittersweet. Actually for me it was mostly sweet because with both kids I was SO ready by the time I weaned them! :-D You did awesome and gave her a gift for 14 months! I find I'm okay having left that part of my life behind. I rarely miss it. I hope it'll be the same for you. :)
Okay, I'll admit I do miss having bigger boobs.
Post a Comment