we always tell sunny to listen to his tummy. "don't keep eating if your tummy is full!" we say. and, "does your tummy need more?"
so he's really good at telling us what's up with his digestive system. he's even been known to put down a half-eaten cookie and declare, "my tummy says it's had enough."
the funny side to this is that other body parts now talk, too. his poo-poos and pee-pees "tell" him when they want to come out. and if his poo-poos aren't ready to come, he says, "my poo-poos are not ready to come out yet. they say that they are having a party."
or, when he doesn't want to rest: "my tummy says it's done resting."
yeah, but mommy's mouth says, "no way!"
Friday, September 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I really like that! I think we need to start telling Ana that. She's good about stopping when she's full but I know that becomes harder as we get older--if we have a way to encourage it like "listen to your tummy" maybe she'll keep having a good relationship with food....
Post a Comment