Friday, July 30, 2010

summer nights...

it's 11 o'clock. do you know where your kids are?

yup. mine are still lying in bed, awake.

it's a vicious summer cycle. we are outside until nine, because all of our friends are out playing - and it's still light! bedtime routine takes a while. in bed by ten. after a few trips to the potty, and sips of water, they are usually asleep by eleven. ELEVEN?

then they sleep in the next morning (this morning it was 8:30 before anyone woke up, and almost nine when i hauled sunny out of bed), and the cycle begins again.
we are all going to be in horrible shock when school starts and we have to be out the door by 7:45. i really should start waking them up earlier (and putting them down earlier).

but that would mean i MYSELF would have to wake up earlier.
umm... maybe we'll just leave well enough alone.

(but don't tell anyone my kids are still up at eleven. ;)

2 comments:

Shunshine Girl said...

Oh my gosh... I don't know how you can handle that. I need a few hours to myself at the end of the day! By the time 8:00 (Kayla's bedtime) rolls around, I'm toast. I couldn't do another 3 hours of chasing her around!

Jess said...

heehee. we do that too. fortunately, though, we dont have any kind of set schedule looming... not til jan when he starts kino!

enjoy those moments! they're the stuff of dreams.

xoxoox