Wednesday, September 4, 2013

and again

Here we are in September again, and while I tried to post in May, I figure it's worth another shot.

I am sitting under the "fairy lights" in our new (ish) homeschool room, the big front room with the large window and the reading loft.  This summer we worked on renovating and organizing, moving all three beds and all of the toys into one room, and turning this front room into a work space - with desks for all three children and me, bookshelves galore, and all of our curriculum and resources.  Plus a few beta fish and an ever-expanding collection of rocks, minerals, and other random natural collections (including a cat skull and some dead butterflies).

I really like it in here.  I am loving spending my homeschool days in here, although the ideal of me working at my desk while the kids work at theirs is pretty non-existent.  Instead I am usually sprawled on the floor next to them, helping with reading or writing or spelling or science.  (but almost never math.  thank God they are independent in one subject at least!!)

The workload is heavier this year, with one in second and one in first (Silver has a little work for pre-k, but it's mostly handwriting and such, so she is free to harass as we try to work as much as she wants).  We spend several hours in this room on wednesdays and fridays, and i am learning to my dismay that those days really need to be dedicated this year.  we had dentist appointments this morning and i was blown off schedule all day!

but we are settling into the pace of a new year, the transition from summer to fall seeming to flow relatively smoothly this time.  i always get a little anxious with all of the changes in routine, but we are halfway through the third week with no major trauma - for which i am truly grateful!

so on this new (to me) laptop, in our new(ish) front room, by the glow of the fairy lights we strung up under the loft, i am trying my hand at blogging again.

we'll see if it sticks.  this time.

1 comments:

Shunshine Girl said...

glad to see you're back at it! It's the only way I keep in touch these days... I'm way behind on blogging too though.