Thursday, February 26, 2009

reality blog

last year, before i got pregnant, it seemed like there were a million funny things to write about. i could write about them in creative, energetic ways. it felt effortless.
yesterday i was empathizing with my friend's blog post about "real life." i think i real life blog, about the absolute truth of day to day life right now - at almost 34 weeks pregnant with my third child - would sound something like this:

monday
today i am tired.

tuesday
today i am tired. i still had to do the laundry, empty the dishwasher, make dinner, and push sailor around the front yard for an hour on her trike.

wednesday
today i am tired. i would really rather go nap than to anything, especially sit in front of the computer and feel tired.

thursday
today i am tired. got up to pee at 3 am and never really fell back asleep. grouched at husband and kids. didn't finish church projects.

friday
still tired. (are you surprised yet?)


but do you WANT me to whine at you day after day? no. i get fed up with listening to MYSELF. so forgive me when i don't write as often as i should, or when my posts are short and not-so-funny.

it will get better.

(tho' maybe not for a few weeks. when i stop moving like a beached whale.....)

2 comments:

Shunshine Girl said...

Ha, ha, ha!!! That's funny! I hear you on that. That brings up unpleasant memories of pregnancy. I don't know how I made it through 39 weeks of working full-time, studying, and testing for my license before maternity leave. Well... now that I think about it, I didn't have 2 other little tikes running around. I could come home and crash on the couch for the rest of the day. :o) That's how I made it. Do I really have to do this again?!

Kendra said...

are you doing this again?? is there something i don't know?? or are you just projecting into the future? :)